WE Bridge Academy cares about the privacy of its users. This policy tells you what information we collect from our website and how we use it. If you choose to visit WE Bridge Academy’s website, your visit will be subject to this policy and you agree to the terms of it.
These policies relate to our website only. For our internal policies and procedures, please click here.
// Data Controller and Owner
WE Bridge Academy, Floors 2 & 10 Southgate House, Wood Street, Cardiff CF10 1EW.
Acting Data Protection and Communications Manager: Penny Mathews
// Live Chat
Our website has a live chat feature used for providing instant replies to enquiries. We use the information collected during these communications in the following ways:
- Live chat is available 7 days a week between 10:00 and 16:00. Outside of these times, your message is collected in electronic form both in-app and by email
- If we reply to your message out of chat opening hours, the message will be sent to you by email (if you provided one)
- Copies of messages sent between us (WE Bridge Academy) and you are stored electronically with a password, accessed by one member of our team
- If we can’t answer your query directly and need to share your information internally, we will gain your consent prior to doing this. We will never share details of our conversations with a third party
All conversations are stored electronically and held for a maximum period of 6 months. If you would like your personal data removed sooner, please contact the Data Protection and Communications Manager.
Please be aware that abuse of our live chat feature, such as offensive language, harassment or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
// Types of Data Collected
If you choose not to provide certain personal data, it may make it impossible for this website to provide its services. The user assumes responsibility for the personal data of third parties published or shared through this website and declares to have the right to communicate or broadcast them, thus relieving the data controller of all responsibility.
// Mode and Place of Processing the Data/Methods of Processing
The data controller processes the data of users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the data.
The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the data controller, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by the owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the data controller at any time.
The data is processed at the data controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the date controller.
// Retention Time
The data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the user, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the user can always request that the data controller suspend or remove the data.
// The Use of Data Collected
The data concerning the user is collected to allow the website to provide its services as well as for the following purposes: analytics, interaction with external social networks and platforms and access to third party services’ accounts. The personal data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Access to third party services’ accounts
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Additional information about data collection and processing
- Legal action
The user’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by the data controller in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this website or the related services. The user is aware of the fact that the data controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
// Additional Information About the User’s Data
// System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this website and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this website (system logs) or use for this purpose other personal data (such as IP Address).
// Information Not Contained in This Policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of personal data may be requested from the data controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
// The Rights of the Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their personal data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This application does not support “do not track” requests – to determine whether any of the third party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” request, please read their privacy policies.
// Personal Data
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is or can be identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information including a personal identification number.
// Usage Data
Information collected automatically from this website (or third party services employed in this website ), which can include:
- IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the users who use this website
- URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier)
- Time of the request
- Method utilised to submit the request to the server
- Size of the file received in response
- Numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.)
- Country of origin
- Features of the browser and the operating system utilised by the user
- Various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the website) and the details about the path followed within the website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited
- Other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment
// Financial Data
Our website does not collect any payment details. Courses can be paid for using our preferred partner, Flywire.
The individual using this Website, which must coincide with or be authorised by the Data Subject, to whom the personal data refer.
// Data Subject
The legal or natural person to whom the personal data refers to.
// Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
// Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organisation with the right, also jointly with another data controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of personal data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this website. The data controller, unless otherwise specified, is the owner of this website.
// This Website
we-bridge.co.uk and any of their applications, hardware or software tools related, by which the personal data of the user is collected.
Small pieces of data stored in the user’s device.
// Legal Information
This privacy statement has been prepared in fulfilment of the obligations of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018, UK, on the subject of collection, processing and retention of data.
// Cookies Policy
// What Are Browser Cookies?
They are very small text files that are created by a website through a browser on your computer. They are used to help you navigate a website, identify preferences and perform specific functions, for example, you input a room’s dimensions into a text box on a website and the website then automatically calculates the materials required for each product page that you visit on that website.
For more information on Cookies and how to control their use please, visit aboutcookies.org.uk
// How We Use Browser Cookies
- Site performance cookies. These improve site performance by caching some of the website information on your computer.
- Anonymous analytics cookies. Anonymously tracking page visits, hits, search terms, visitor locations etc. for statistical purposes, which help us to improve our services. We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about the use of the website, examples of this statistical information would be how many visitors from the United Kingdom we have had, how many visitors used Internet Explorer as a browser, how many pages were visited today, what words visitors search for to find our website etc.
- Geotargetting cookies. These cookies are used by software which tries to work out what country you are in from the information supplied by your browser when you click on a web page. This Information is completely anonymous and is designed for the site to serve the correct content for your particular location. For example: changing the default site language to Italian if we detect that you are trying to access we-bridge.co.uk from Italy.
// Cookie Control via Your Browser
Our Website Policies were last updated 19/05/2021