As a student studying in the UK, you may be eligible to open a UK bank account. You have absolute choice over which bank you choose. However, some banks will only accept students who are planning to go to university and studying a pre-university course at WE Bridge Academy. Being able to open a bank account may depend on:
- Your age
- The type of course you are studying
- The length of your course
You must ensure you have:
- A permanent address in your home country and can provide a 3-year address history
- A confirmed UK address to live at for the duration of your studies
- Your student ID card and a letter from WE Bridge Academy
- Proof of UK address
- Your passport, visa and travel documents
// Challenger Banks
Competitors to the well known banks, known as ‘challenger banks’ are on the increase. Challenger banks are often App-based and offer the facility to open an account instantly from your mobile device.
If you’re looking for a hassle-free way to open a UK bank account, you may like to consider one of these:
WE Bridge Academy is not responsible for the content of external sites.