We understand how important it is to secure the right accommodation during your studies and we ensure that all our homestay accommodation is pleasant, comfortable and a safe place to stay. Our Student Accommodation & Welfare Officer works hard to find the right accommodation and will provide you with all the information you need prior to your journey to the UK.
We work with an extensive network of homestay providers to offer you an enjoyable stay in Cardiff.
// You can expect:
- English-speaking hosts to practise your English language skills
- A single room on a half-board basis with breakfast and evening meal
- A single room on a full-board basis for students aged under 18
- Each home is inspected to meet British Council quality standards
- A maximum of one student per nationality will be placed in each home
- Homestay providers are DBS (police) checked
- Homestay accommodation providers are required to provide gas safety inspection certificates
- All providers receive safeguarding training and are required to take part in an induction provided by our Student Accommodation & Welfare Officer
View the Student Homestay Handbook here.
PLAN - PRICE
Homestay and Extras
Students aged 16 and 17
Students aged 18 and over
extra per week
Homestay costs are higher for students aged 16 and 17 as we are required to provide accommodation on a full-board basis.
A WE Bridge Academy homestay bedroom, providing an example of the type of accommodation we offer.
// How to Book
Homestay should be requested at the time of applying for your course. You can apply here.
1. You must complete the form at least four weeks before your arrival to the UK.
2. Homestay accommodation cannot be booked without a completed form.
3. Accommodation will only be secured when payment is received for the first 4 weeks homestay costs at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival. Please view our Terms and Conditions for more information.
4. Homestay fees are payable in addition to course fees.
5. Students aged under 18 must stay with a WE Bridge Academy homestay provider, or with a family member with the written permission of their parent/guardian.
// Important Information for Students Aged 16 and 17
In our commitment to safeguarding students aged under 18, a Parental Permission form is required as part of the application process. We are unable to start the process of allocating homestay accommodation until we receive the following:
- Completed Parental Permission form signed by the parent or guardian
- Proof of identity for the parent or guardian (i.e. copy of passport or driving licence)
// Private Rented and Student Accommodation
If you are looking to stay in the city centre itself, our Student Accommodation and Welfare Officer can put you in touch with both private rented and student accommodation providers. Whilst we do not work with these providers directly, we can provide advice with your living arrangements to help you make the best of your stay during your studies.
You may find the following website useful:*
// How to Become a Homestay Provider
In becoming a homestay provider for WE Bridge Academy, all providers accept certain responsibilities, as set out in our terms and conditions, for the student’s well-being, comfort and safety.
Do you have a spare bedroom available and would like an extra income? Would you like to share your culture with others while simultaneously learning about theirs? If so, why not become a homestay provider for an international or European student? Click here to apply now.
* WE Bridge Academy is not responsible for the content of external sites.