This page provides useful pre-arrival information for students about to take one of our face-to-face or blended courses.
We are well prepared to ensure our Academy’s community remains safe. You can view all the steps we are taking by clicking here.
Before you travel to the UK
All international students are required to complete our Pre-arrival Registration form prior to arrival in the UK. On arrival, we will contact you to confirm an induction time and tell you when to come to the Academy.
Quarantine and Travel
Currently, students are required to quarantine for 2 weeks when arriving in the UK – you must go straight to your UK address. You can travel to your address using public transport, providing you do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
// Travelling to the United Kingdom
If you have not travelled to the UK before, you may find the British Council website useful.
You can book an airport transfer when applying to study with us, and prior to your arrival by clicking here. Please ensure you give us at least 7 days’ notice.
Details of all airports in the UK can be found here. If you wish to make your own way from the airport to Cardiff, you may find the following sites useful:
// Money and Insurance
You must have enough money to cover the cost of your living and study expenses during your stay – the UK can be quite expensive! The currency in the UK is the British pound (£). Information about exchange rates can be found at XE. We suggest bringing at least £400 with you for your immediate needs. This should be enough to cover your transport costs and initial expenses.
It is strongly recommended that you take out adequate insurance in the event of cancellations, medical issues, personal accident and theft.
// Medical Treatment
You should visit your doctor, dentist and optician before you travel to ensure you are fit to travel and check to see if you require any vaccinations. If your course is less than 6 months in duration, you will receive free accident and emergency hospital treatment but will have to pay for any other medical treatment as a private patient.
// Travel Documents
When travelling to the UK, you need to make sure you have the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A visa or UK-entry clearance (non-EU students)
- Vaccination or medical certificates if required
- Your letter of acceptance to study at WE Bridge Academy
- Name, address and contact details of where you will be staying in the UK
- Details of any transfers, travel documents and tickets
- If you are under 18, you will need a signed letter from your parent or guardian that gives permission for you to travel
// Don’t Forget!
Use our useful checklist below to make sure you have everything prior to travel:
- Passport containing the visa page
- A copy of your offer letter
- Your original certificates
- The address of your accommodation
- The address of our Academy – Floors 2 & 10 Southgate House, Wood Street, Cardiff CF10 1EW
- A sufficient amount of money to cover your accommodation and personal expenses
// General Travel Advice
Make sure that all your travel arrangements are booked at least 5 days in advance and confirm them with us. If you have any issues during your journey to the UK, please call +44 (0)7958 469 916 – this is an emergency contact number only.