WE Bridge International Study Centres represents Pembrokeshire College, which has been teaching international students on its A-level programme since 1992. Our new campus, extensive experience and exceptional results ensure that our students experience excellence in education whilst living in a truly inspiring and beautiful setting. This programme promises quality preparation for our students’ future success.
Situated in one of the UK’s official areas of “outstanding beauty” Pembrokeshire College is located just six miles from the UK’s only Coastal National Park, with its award winning coastline full of beaches, coastal walks and surf. The surrounding town of Haverfordwest is a truly wonderful place to study, boasting over 1,000 years of history.
// WE Offer
Studying at WE Bridge International Study Centres allows students to choose from three or four A-levels. All students must attend the Essential Skills and Qualifications (ESQ) over two years.
Art – Fine Art, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Drama, Economics, English Language & Literature, English Literature, French, Further Maths, Geography, History, Law, Mathematics, Media Studies, Music, Photography, Physical Education, Physics, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Spanish.
// Excellent A-level Results (2018)
100% Pass Rate
• Small class sizes
• Modern classrooms
• New state-of-the-art campus
• Personal tutor
• Additional one-to-one learning support
• Situated in one of the most beautiful and safest locations in the UK
• More than 400 students progressed to university between 2016 and 2017
• Specialist university application support
• Gym, sports hall and cardio suite
• Superfast Wi-Fi
// Entry Requirements
Students wishing to study A-levels will be required to gain a minimum of five GCSE’s/IGCSE’s at grades A-C to include English, Mathematics and/or Science, dependent on the subjects chosen. Additionally, students will normally be required to have a minimum GCSE/IGCSE grade B in the subject being studied at A-level. Entry grades for Psychology require a grade B in Mathematics and English.
Furthermore, all applicants are required to have completed secondary school to a good level of attainment. If secondary education in the student’s country ends at the age of 18 then they should have studied in high school up to the age of 16 before commencing studies at the College.
// A-level Student Support
• One extra hour per A-level subject, increasing by subject from a standard four to five hours per week
• Ad-hoc, one-to-one tutorials where required
• Four hours of English Language Proficiency Support to achieve desired score for progression into university
• Supervised study sessions to ensure students are keeping on top of their independent work
• Access to More Able and Talented (MAT) mentoring system for university application preparation
• Study Skills Advisers on hand to help with assignment planning and proof-reading
• Electronic individual learning plan
• Mentoring by external specialists
• Aspirational target setting
• Mock interviews with an Oxbridge consultant
• Event for Russell Group & Oxbridge applicants
• Attendance at Vet Med & Medlink conferences
// Annual Fees
|4 A-levels can be taken from a choice of 25 subjects||£8,400|
|International Academic Student Support Programme||£1,400|
Pembrokeshire College has established a strong reputation for preparing students for entry to top universities both in the UK and overseas and specialises in equipping students with the knowledge to undertake degrees in the following disciplines:
• Veterinary Science
• Health Care
Students have progressed to top universities including the Russell Group Universities and they are proud to say that their students generally receive offers from their first and/or second choice university.
// Boarding Plus
Boarding Plus is a fully catered service comprising of the following:
• All meals provided through a combination of lunch at the College and two meals at the accommodation on a week day and three meals on weekends and holidays at the host family
• Airport pick up and drop off at designated times of the academic year
• Pick up and drop off facility from host families in the morning and evening
• Access to fully equipped fitness centre
• Trips and activities during term time and half terms
// How to Apply
Students can apply directly to the College by completing an application form and submitting it to email@example.com