View the current rules affecting Cardiff, and see what you can and can’t do whilst restrictions are in place.
The information on this page is specific to Cardiff. If you live in a different area, use the BBC Postcode Checker to view the current rules for your location.
Wales is currently in a Tier 4 lockdown. Page last updated on 07/01/2021 at 13:55
Meeting friends and family
- You are advised to stay at home where possible
- You should only mix indoors or outdoors with members of your own household or support bubble
- You should not travel outside your area without a reasonable excuse
- If you are an adult living alone or you’re a single responsible adult in a household (a single parent, for instance), you can form a support bubble with one other household
- You cannot form an extended household in any other circumstance
- Bars, restaurants, cafes and pubs are closed – except for takeaway and delivery
- All gyms and leisure centres are closed
- Tennis courts, golf courses and enclosed pitches will close, but playgrounds will stay open
- Professional sports will continue but stadiums will be closed to fans
- Entertainment venues including cinemas, bowling alleys, bingo halls, museums and galleries are closed
- Non-essential shops are closed
- Close contact services such as hairdressers and beauty salons are closed
- Alcohol cannot be sold in shops between 22:00 and 06:00 GMT
- Face coverings must be worn by customers and staff
- Indoor shopping should be done alone, or with people in your household
- You are advised not to travel outside your area, unless the journey is essential
- Weddings and civil partnerships will continue, but receptions will not be allowed
Click here to see what we’re doing to keep you safe. WE Bridge Academy is not responsible for the content on external sites. Information taken from the BBC.