This page provides guidance for international students who are required to collect their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) on arrival to the UK.

Initially, you will be issued with a 30-day visa vignette in your passport which will allow you to enter the UK during this period.

You will also be given a letter referred to as the ‘BRP letter’ which will confirm the conditions of your visa, as well as where and when to collect your BRP.

// Collecting Your BRP

You’ll be notified by email when your BRP is ready for collection. Please don’t attempt to collect it before you receive this email.

Your BRP letter will detail when your BRP can be collected and the location.

// Identity Verification

When you collect your BRP, you must take your original passport – the passport number must match that on the vignette.

There must be a valid UK entry officer’s arrival landing stamp endorsed in the passport. The photograph on the passport and the vignette must closely resemble you.

// If You Are Under 18

If you are under 18 years old and need to collect your BRP from the Post Office, you will need to be accompanied by an adult. If you do not have a parent or guardian to accompany you, WE Bridge Academy team will be available to help.

// Keep Your BRP Safe!

Replacing a lost or stolen BRP can be costly. If you do lose your BRP, you will need to do the following:

  1. Inform our Administration team now
  2. Report it lost here
  3. Report the loss to the police and obtain a Crime Reference Number
  4. Apply for a new card here

You will be required to submit documents to prove your identity, agree to Home Office checks and attend an appointment as part of the application. The costs will be as follows:

  • Replacement BRP charge (8-week processing time): £75.20
  • Appointment charge: £75 – £110
  • Premium charge (for next day processing): £895
  • Document upload: £45 (free if you upload online)

It is important to keep your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card safe together with your passport when traveling abroad and in the UK. If you lose it, you have no way to show you are legally here in the UK and you cannot re-enter the UK without it.